An ideal resource for written, oral, and recertifying board study, as well as an excellent reference for everyday clinical practice, Current Surgical Therapy, 13th Edition, provides trusted, authoritative advice on today's best treatment and management options for general surgery. Residents and practitioners alike appreciate the consistent, highly formatted approach to each topic, as well as the practical, hands-on advice on selecting and implementing current surgical approaches from today’s preeminent general surgeons.
- Provides thoroughly updated information throughout all 263 chapters, including focused revisions to the most in-demand topics such as management of rectal cancer, inguinal hernia, and colon cancer.
- Presents each topic using the same easy-to-follow format: disease presentation, pathophysiology, diagnostics, and surgical therapy.
- Includes seven all-new chapters: REBOA in Resuscitation of the Trauma Patient, Treatment of Varicose Veins, Management of Infected Grafts, Radiation for Pancreatic Malignancies, Pneumatosis Intestinalis, Proper Use of Cholecystostomy Tubes, and Pelvic Fractures.
- Integrates all minimally invasive surgical techniques into relevant chapters where they are now standard management.
- Discusses which approach to take, how to avoid or minimize complications, and what outcomes to expect.
- Features full-color images throughout, helping you visualize key steps in each procedure.
- Helps you achieve better outcomes and ensure faster recovery times for your patients.
- Provides a quick, efficient review prior to surgery and when preparing for surgical boards and ABSITEs.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices